Welcome New Client Martin Millner



Martin Millner
(Bucks County, PA)
Martin, how did you hear about Lars?

I was first introduced to him at the first Commissions Inc. summit. He was interviewed as part of that process, and I was looking for a coach that I thought would be a good fit for me. Following that summit, I did some research on Lars. Coincidentally, someone not too far from where I am in Bucks County, PA, who I network with and share thoughts and ideas with all the time, is currently working with Lars. He had great things to say about him.

What was the tipping point that made you ultimately reach out? Why now?

Personally, it was the decision to get back involved with a coach. I do $20 million to $25 million on my own. I'd like to do that year in and year out with very little change our effort. I feel like I'm at an impass, in a bit of a rut. My objective is to grow my business beyond that to another level.

Summarize where your business is at. What kind of team structures have you had before?

Four years ago I had a team, but I did it haphazardly without a whole lot of forethought or planning. I had a bunch of agents that worked as part of my team, but it wasn't the right time or fit for a variety of reasons. It wasn't a bad thing - everyone involved I still have good relationships with. But I made the decision to divest myself of that concept.

I always envisioned that at some point in the future I would build that structure again. I get people that approach me all the time and ask to work with me. But I didn't want to make the same mistakes again.

I have what would be considered in my market to be a well recognized name. I have a great business; there's nothing wrong with what I do. I just feel that I should and can do a lot more. I've been the #1 producing Coldwell Banker in the State of Pennsylvania on multiple occasions. But because cause I created a team concept without any planning or forethought, it wasn't done correctly. The thought was that before I do it again and make the same mistakes, I need more guidance and more direction.

What specific areas are you seeking guidance? What are some focal points you hope Lars can address?

How to hire the right people, that certainly is critical. Also, when I talked to Lars, we talked about how I've built the business I've built without a real plan, structure or forethought into how I've gotten to this point or where to go from here. In terms of prospecting, focus, there's so many things I'm not taking advantage of. I'm hoping it'll be really helpful in allowing me to grow beyond where I am.

The truth of the matter is that as a single agent, I can do 50 to 55, 60 transactions. I've been fortunate to have a pretty comfortable high average sale price. But as a single agent, in order to have any kind of life, you really can't manage more than what I'm currently doing. So I need help with implementing systems that'll allow me to be more effective in terms of growing my business with an effective, well thought-out, well received plan.

If we were sitting here 3 years down the road, what would have had to have happened for you to feel like you were successful with this program?

First of all, I would have an effective team. I'd like to see my numbers grow from the 50-55 units I'm doing now to 200, but doing it in a way that doesn't require the day-to-day hands on input that is currently required of me. So more free time would be absolutely awesome. What attracted me to what Lars has built is he's got a very active, successful team, but he can manage what he does without having to be on call 24 hours a day every day of the week.

No comments :

Post a Comment