How Andrew Altman Revamped His Business Systems for "Exponential" Results


"The amount of people calling me for business - I would say it's tripled, but it's way beyond that. So much has changed from when I met Lars that I can't even go through it all, because the whole business is totally different and runs so much smoother."

Despite his relative success early in his real estate career, Phoenix Realtor Andrew Altman (www.tagrealestateaz.com/) felt he had hit a ceiling in 2013.

"I didn't know where I was going," says Andrew, "and I couldn't get past that 70 transaction mark."

He came across Lars at a conference that year and, after a long discussion of what was and wasn't working in his business, Andrew reached out to Lars shortly after.

He had three priorities when beginning to work with Lars - financials, time management, and an improved buyer system - and he's seen massive success in each area.

"It's been exponential," says Andrew. "I can't keep up with the change. The amount of people calling me for business - I would say it's tripled but it's way beyond that. I have a staff that actually know what they're doing and feel comfortable. So much has changed from when I met Lars that I can't even go through it all because the whole business is totally different and runs so much smoother."

Andrew feels he's benefited not only from Lars's knowledge of what's happening in real estate today.

"A lot of coaches have been out of the business for 20 years. Lars is still in the business, so when I would talk to him about problems, he'd say, 'I had the same problem, and this is how we handled it.' It was a better fit for me to work with someone who had been in the business."

After struggling to make time for his family during his first 2 years, Andrew's been able to regain some much needed perspective over the past year.

"Lars taught me that obviously family is more important," he says. "You know it, but you lose sight of it. He takes time with his family all the time, and see that and just follow by example. My wife has stepped back into the business this year, and it's going really well because we have those boundaries and systems in place to handle it."

Andrew came into real estate seeking the additional time off that can come from being your own boss. But he wasn't able to experience that luxury until he was able to get Lars's systems in place.

"The first year I was with Lars, we took 5 or 6 vacations. That was totally foreign to me. It felt odd, but the effect it's had on my family life is undeniable."

Though he's not there yet, Andrew's ultimate goal is to have complete choice when it comes to when he's working and when he's not and to have a bigger, more profitable team.

"I just want to have that option to know that my business is going to run by itself and that I have the right people in place that will help me get to the next level."

No comments :

Post a Comment