How Lars Helped Damon Gettier Kill His Bad Habits


"[Lars] told me my systems were set up, I had a good business, and I should go play with something else. Since then, I’ve been able to open up different companies and leave my real estate business alone.”

Damon Gettier (Roanoke, VA) has been coaching with Lars for over 2 years. He had 10 years experience in real estate at the time, but didn’t figure out how to make money in the business until 4 years prior. He wanted Lars to help him overcome some of his bad habits, and that’s exactly what has happened.
Damon Gettier
(Roanoke, VA)

“Once I figured out how to make money in real estate, I had to figure out how to quit losing money in real estate, which is why I hired Lars. I’ll be the first one to admit, I love chasing squirrels. Lars unfortunately kills them quickly, but it saves me a ton of money and saves me from chasing squirrels and losing money.”  

Damon prides himself in his marketing prowess, but he admits that he was spending too much money on too many ineffective lead sources. When he started working with Lars, the first conversation they had was about the effectiveness of certain lead sources.

“I told him the lead source worked and he said “Great, when was the last time your ISA logged in?” I gave him the password to log in and he said “Great, she was in there 63 days ago. Call them and cancel.” I called them up and cancelled the lead source. I saved over $7,000 that day just going through the stuff I was paying for and not using and cancelling it. It was a little disheartening, but it worked. 

While intensives are important, Damon agrees, he still feels the true value from working with Lars comes in the form of after-hours talks, lunches, and dinners. 

“When you pull out those little gem that you wouldn’t even think about. You overhear one thing, dive deeper, and find out that everybody else thought this was the standard, and you have never heard about it.”

Finally, Lars taught Damon a valuable lesson about being confident in your business and having the systems in place to be able to step back and let it run. 

“Three months ago, Lars told me I have the problem most entrepreneurs have, I want to go in and constantly tweak my business. He told me my systems were set up, I had a good business, and I should go play with something else. Since then, I’ve been able to open up different companies and leave my real estate business alone.”

No comments :

Post a Comment