How Tom Nickley Created a Self-Sustaining Business and Improved His Quality of Life


"Last year I did 4 transactions per month, and this year we're already up to 29 transactions in mid-March. I haven't gone out with a buyer since the day I started working with Lars. It's not just about seeing success, but having a quality of life and having a balance."

From the get-go, Orlando Realtor Tom Nickley's (http://www.nextbigmoveorlando.com/) goal was to eventually start his own real estate team. After doing 50-60 transactions per year on his own, Tom knew he would need a specific business coach.

Tom wanted to turn his real estate career into an actual business. So, in August 2014, Tom began developing a team. "I watched a couple webinars of Lars," says Tom. "I talked with somebody in my Commissions, Inc. Facebook Group that said they were working with Lars, and had lot of great things to say about him."

"It seemed like a perfect fit," explains Tom, after watching Lars's B-School training videos online. Tom was attracted by the systematic approach of eventually removing himself from the business once it can run itself.

Tom began talking to Lars right before his 2014 Intensive Workshop, and jumped in head-first.

"I had a lot of business going on, but I was trying to run everything myself. I had no family life at all," Tom says about his early career. "I was successful, but I absolutely had no balance."

After starting with Lars, Tom started implementing Buyers Agents in his business to start removing himself from the business. The key was to start developing and training people in new facets of his business, with business coaching from Lars.

"I went from doing a little over 60 transactions last year, and now we've done 29 transactions year-to-date," as of March 2015. "I haven't gone out with a buyer since the day I started working with Lars. Before Lars, I didn't even get to see my children."

Aside from the quality of life going up, Tom says that business is better than ever too. New success has brought a high morale to his team, making them attractive to new agent recruits.

"I was actually in the wine industry for ten years. When I came over to real estate...I was very, very specific and picky on the type of real estate. I needed somebody to give me a clear-cut path in real estate and help me develop systems."

Tom benefits from Lars's coaching by literally following the system verbatim. By implementing the systems, using strategic timelines, and perfecting one thing at a time, Tom saw immediate results.

"The business running as a business," is Tom's idea of success. "Being able to have a business that is self-sustained and has people that each have their own role. It's not just about seeing success, but having a quality of life and having a balance. I think that's the big picture."

No comments :

Post a Comment