How I Mastered Buyer Lead Generation & Conversion



Transcript:

Let's talk about my early years in real estate. I started part-time in 2007, right when the market was turning, although I didn't realize it at the time. In 2008 all I focused on was low-cost, no branding, and buyer lead generation. I ran classified ads offer free lists of homes with a simple call to action. Distressed sales were big back then. 

I was also using a very simple script to call leads and get face-to-face (think of the gold brick). The one thing that I see is that agents, wherever they are in the business, they never really master the buyer side or the listing side. I think mastery of the buyer side and the seller side is important. However, I lived and breathed lead conversion for the first 24 months, and I was simply willing to do what most other agents were not willing to do.

At the time I was coached, and I was good at time blocking already, I was blocking off Tues and Thursday evenings from 6:30 to 8:30 p.m. and Saturdays from 10 a.m. to 12 p.m. I was working really hard, and I've learned since then that there are way better time blocks. There's lots of different splits that you can do, and you just have to find the one that works for you. You don't need to use the ridiculous time blocks that I'm using.

I also set up simple systems for buyer lead management in Top Producer. After the first year and a half or so, I hired Tia, and she's still with me as a buyer closing coordinator. That was kind of the tipping point in this business. She basically handed everything that I didn't want to handle. She did the paperwork for closings, and every listing I took she took it and put it on the market. She helped out a lot with marketing and advertising support. She worked from home when I was working from home, and it wasn't always pretty, but it worked. I was ready to offload everything that wasn't sales related or team-building related. I really didn't care how things got done, I trusted that they would just get done.

When I talk about the 'birth' of my team, it starts in 2008 when I got the Boomtown platform (I was actually their 9th customer) which uses similar direct response principles and it got me a lot of leads. I called leads anytime between 8 a.m. and 9 p.m. It didn't matter what I was doing or where I was, and it really got to be too much. I was drowning, so I got back on Craigslist and hired Chris in September of 2009.

He had a great work ethic, and he saw the vision and was willing to trust me and follow me. We divided and conquered. We called leads, showed homes, and just made it happen. He busted his butt alongside me, and I admire him because he's still with me. He's having his best year ever right now. Before he worked with me he sold 2 homes, and in his first year with me he sold 27 homes. 

No comments :

Post a Comment