What Does It Take to Lead and Inspire?


Transcript:

What does it take to lead and inspire? It takes attention and intention. Attention to who you’re being in every moment, and the intentional development of effective habits. I find this with my family, I try to focus on them. I have a five-year-old and an eight-year-old. I try to step up as the leader of my household and my faith and all that. This rings really true with me in that regard as well, just in intention. I’m not going to get everything right, but just an awareness around every moment you know.



What’s the expression we talked about before? To ask your questions like what would a great (blank) do? What would a great team leader do? What would a great husband do? I ask myself that question all the time. What would a great husband do? As I’m trying to sit down and decompress for 30 minutes while Julie is getting the kids ready, I’m like, a great husband would go downstairs and do the dishes! So I get up.

I just think about this with parenting, and you’re going to make mistakes. But it’s about getting back up and just being intentional about doing things better the next time.

Effective leaders are remarkable for a specific set of qualities, qualities that everyone, including you, possess to one degree or another. Some leaders seem to born to do the role effectively, but most have to work on it like we talked about this morning.

No comments :

Post a Comment