COACHING TIP: What If My Personal Goals Don't Align with My Business Goals?


If you're serious about developing the tools and systems it takes to build a true real estate business that runs without you, I can help you. It’s never too late to move from a producer to an owner, all while adding some much needed balance to your life outside of work. Click here to schedule a FREE Strategy Session with me and we'll see if it makes sense for us to work together.

Often when planning ahead and laying out your goals for the near future, your personal and professional aspirations can seem to be at odds with one another. How can you grow your business to where you want it to be while staying committed to your goals outside of work?

Which set of goals should "override" the other?

Here's what I've found. Committing to what means the most to you will allow everything else to fall into place. Things like being more present at home, leaving the office no matter what at 5:45, no longer taking any evening appointments, never taking a weekend appointment - having your personal life in order will allow your business life to thrive. Not the other way around.  

I promise you if you stay true to the personal commitments, the rest will work itself out.

Everyone thinks that growth for the sake of growth is something to aspire to. I've been fortunate to have a consistently growing real estate business over the last 7 years, but I was able to do it without sacrificing what was important to me.

I can't imagine a divorce being a good thing for anyone. If you have children, or even if you don't, any sort of family upheaval is an ugly and exhausting process that negatively affects all aspects of your life.

That's a big driving force for me when it comes to how I structure my day-to-day life. Even in my coaching business, I have to avoid getting too wrapped up in it. I can't be going on the road and traveling, doing seminars, doing half days, selling workshops to bring clients into big events. If I wanted, this business alone could take up 150 of the 168 hours I have every week.

But I choose not to let that happen because I keep my family and my personal goals as the #1 motivating factor in my life. And I promise you if you do the same, if you nail down the personal stuff, business success will follow. But the key is truly committing to it.

Watch this video to hear my success with this approach and to hear a story of how it worked out for a client of mine as well. 

No comments :

Post a Comment