MASTERMIND CALL: How to Triple Your Business By Sticking to Your Prospecting Time Blocks



Transcript:

Prospecting and lead follow up... everyone's got the same issue. Mornings go sideways with agents asking questions, clutter entering your inbox, or an offer you think you need to deal with. Here's what I know.

For those of you that are still prospecting for business, which is most of my clients, if your children's lives depended on you prospecting from 8:00am to 9:30am local time every day, I promise you would do it. Nobody would even think twice about it. You would make sure that your agents clearly understood that your children's lives depend on five time blocks of 90 minutes.

You wouldn't be late. You would be sitting at your desk at 7:50 ready to prospect at 8:00, and you wouldn't stop early because there's so much at stake.

Two things I promise: Your business would triple, but nothing else would happen. Your agents would understand that they just don't have access to you until 9:30. Then you would organize that 9:30 to 10 time block.

You'd have your email off at five til 8. You'd give your phone to your assistant. You wouldn't be allowed to do anything except outbound dial. That's the most important thing that needs to happen in your business.

How to Attach Emotion to Daily Activities

I had a coach with Tony Robbins, and Tony Robbins is really good at attaching emotion to everything. With me, physical fitness only became the first thing I focused on when I attached a lot of emotion to it. The two things are being a kick-ass father to my children - being that dad that can wrestle with his kids and pick them up when they're a hundred pounds. Just having all the physical energy to do that, and also to live long enough to see their children and maybe even their children's children.

The other thing for me is my dad. he had a stroke, and he was in a bad situation. So for me I've got a lot of emotion attached to working out when I think of those two things. I now work out at 5:30am so I'm up at 5am every day. it's easy for me to get out of bed because I think of those two things.

For one of my clients, he has to really be laser focused. He's got four children. He's a sole income earner. He wants to get stuff done before his family gets up and going. He's got a couple hours where everyone is silent in bed, where he could really kick ass and move his life forward from a fitness perspective and also from business and personal development. He's got time for reading. He's a believer so he's got time for Bible reading. 

So he's got a picture of his family with a caption. I'm a pretty sappy guy, and I could cry just thinking about it. It says, "We're depending on you, Daddy." Do you think when his alarm goes off at 5am, because he's got two hours of things to do to build a better life for his family 1, 2, 3, 5 years from now, when he looks at that picture do you think he's going to hesitate to jump out of bed?

The "Game" I Played to Stay on Task

I played this game where, and I still have it at my real estate office, and it was with respect to prospecting. I committed to time blocks with my coach. This was when I had agents and I was building a team, so I was doing everything, and life was crazy. I had the same problem, and I committed to this game.

There are lots of ways you can play this game. You can give money to someone you hate. You can give money to a charity you despise. You can give money to a kill shelter if you're a dog lover. Something painful. For me it was ripping up a $20 bill. I played a game where if I didn't pick up the phone during my time blocks for prospecting, if I wasn't picking up at the phone at 8am, I had a stack of $20 bills at my computer, and I would have to rip one up.  It doesn't take many of those to be in integrity with a commitment that you've made.

There's a handful of things like that that are as important as that in your business. You should have not a little but a lot of emotion behind these things. I do think that generating new business is one of those things that everyone on your team has to understand. Your agents have to know that that is your sacred time.

It's as if you were on a listing appointment every day from 8 to 9:30. Really nobody has access to you on a listing appointment, right? Nothing happens until you're out of that appointment. I promise you if a deal came in late the night before, nobody's going to know or care that you didn't touch it until 9:30.

No comments :

Post a Comment