Welcome New Client Todd Watkins



Todd, how did you hear about Lars?
Todd Watkins
(Yakima, WA)

Actually, I was watching Jeff Manson's Keeping it Real mastermind. I was kind of checking that out and I saw Lars on there. I'd been looking for a system and for something to help simplify my life. I've been in real estate for ten years, but I've been going at it mostly all by myself, and I've tried doing some stuff. I'll tell you, I'm to the point where I realize I'm not the smartest person there, and I want to find someone who can help me put systems in place to make my life easier.

What was that tipping point? What ultimately made you reach out when you did?

For me now, I've got my first baby on the way. I'm just done doing everything myself. i've been a one-man show almost with everything. It's starting to lose its fun in real estate for me. I want to get back to it being fun and not feeling so overwhelmed.

Could you summarize where you're at with your business?

I've had buyers agents in the past. We recently just let them all go back in April because it wasn't working very well. But I've had a few of those agents working for me in the past. I'm probably going to close between 65 and 70 transactions by the end of the year. My goal the last couple years has been to do 100 transactions, and I believe I've figured out what I need to do.

But I just was not willing to make the sacrifice, or to sacrifice my wife or my family's time anymore to do 100 transactions on my own. So I want to leverage my time, learn how to do that so I can work on my business instead of in my business, instead of being on the daily grind. Being a Realtor, if you go on vacation, you're not making money unless you're showing houses and working. If you're not there to do the work yourself, it doesn't happen. That's why I want to create a team that's self-sufficient, a great culture of highly motivated people who can work on their own and get things taken care of.

How do you hope to get to that point? What are the specific areas of focus you're hoping Lars can address in your business.

The first thing is getting the systems implementation in place. You can take an ordinary person and get extraordinary results with a great system. I'm looking for somebody who's already done it. Lars has been there and done that, and is willing to help other people do it. That's exactly what I wanted, a season pro.

More than anything, after watching his interviews, I felt like even though we hadn't talked yet, he cared about what I wanted in my life. Through much of the feedback other people had left about him, they confirmed my initial response with it. I don't want my life to be all loaded on work. I want to have a personal side, a relationship with my family, my wife, my daughter. To reach my own personal goals and also work on my religious side and be a well-rounded person instead of just all real estate all the time.

Have you done any real estate coaching in the past or had any other outside help?

A little bit. I had one coach who had done real estate in the past, but I don't believe he was very successful. So I thought, I'm still conflicted getting coaching help from somebody who I didn't feel had been there and done that. I did have a coach a couple years ago as well, but he was more interested in hearing himself talk than anything else. It just didn't work out very well.

If we were sitting here 2 or 3 years down the road, what would have had to have happened for you to feel successful with Lars's program?

For me, I've got very big ambitions. I would love to see myself having 10 percent market share in my area. We have roughly 3500 transactions that happen every year, and if I were to hit 350 transactions 3 years from now, that would be the end all of end all. I'll feel like I've hit Lars Status. At that point I can look at stepping out of working at things and just work on the business instead of being in day-to-day type activity.

No comments :

Post a Comment