B-SCHOOL COACHING CALL: How to Properly Position Yourself to Potential Buyers



Transcript:

Buyer lead conversion is something I got really good at really early on in my career. I started with a script, and the thing I loved about it - and it has to be an important part of lead conversion - is that you have to be motivating buyers enough to want to meet with you.

Motivating Your Buyer

It could be for a showing appointment. Just the mere fact that we have keys to properties that buyers have to get into, that's part of it. So staying in touch with people until they're ready. Even when explaining how your website works, say, "Hit showing request and I'll be able to show these properties at no obligation or cost. As you search for homes, just know that I'm here to show you properties."

That's a decent offer, but we would go into more specifics. Say, "When we get together, we'll give you a complete market overview. We'll explain the home buying process. We'll custom build a home for you. There are literally tens of thousands of properties available on the market, and we'll cull that list down to the six or eight properties that are the exact best fit for what you're looking for.

"We'll go through that custom home-building process when you come into the office. We'll also set you up on your hot list of properties, the best deals that come out, your vacant properties list." You want to make that offer enticing enough so they're actually going to take action, so they'll think, "Maybe I will get together with this person. I've been searching for three months now. I've seen a few properties, but nobody's laid it out for me that way."

You want to get into their head and always think "gold brick." Make it easy for them to say "Yes!"

"Proprietary and Priority"

I learned from a couple coaches of mine that you can't say "no obligation" or "no cost" enough. It was drilled into my head, "Proprietary and priority." Tell them, "You may think, Mr. Buyer, that you have access to information online through Zillow, but Zillow only has a portion of the properties. Studies have been done, and I don't know what the numbers are, but I've heard 70% of active listings are on Zillow versus the system I have.

"It's a proprietary system. Nobody else has this system, and it's called the MLS. And we'll get you priority access. When a new listing hits the market on Zillow, you're not notified about it immediately. The best properties go very quickly. The system we have is proprietary and it's priority. You're going to get access to listings as soon as they hit the market."

There's no better way to position yourself. You've got to be able to have that dialogue with a buyer.

No comments :

Post a Comment