Welcome New Client Dan Jones



Dan Jones
(Charlotte, NC)
How did you hear about Lars?

I'm in a unique situation. I've been with Lars since 2009.  I've been a member on his team, and I decided to focus on a different area than Lars works in. I've known Lars for quite a while, both in a business relationship and a personal relationship as well.

Why did you reach out to him when you did now?

Lars has always given me hints, and coached me a bit. But I'm to the point now where I really needed some additional guidance, especially on the financial side. Lars is extremely focused on his numbers, which I try to be. But sometimes you're good at some things, and other times you're not. I definitely needed guidance and organization from a team aspect and a financial aspect. Lars has been there, done that, and I knew he could save me a lot of time and a lot of money in regard to getting organized and getting my team organized as well.

Describe where your business is at right now.

We have 2 new members that just joined in the last 2-3 months. Our other 2 members have been on for about a year and for about 6 months. Both Cindy and Mike have been with us a little bit longer. Mike should close anywhere from 9-10 by the middle of March, and Cindy should have closed 4 or 5 by the end of February.

I just want to get everybody on the same page. It feels like we're a team but we're not completely organized. There's no level of accountability for anybody at this point.

What are some other focal points you're hoping Lars can address right away?

I want to tighten up the budget quite a bit. It feels like I'm spending money all over the place, and sometimes things work, other times they don't. I like the way Lars stays focused on  the things that work, and honing in on 2-3 items versus my picture of 5-6. And step 1, cutting down the budget, and 2, getting really organized with the team.

Have you done any real estate coaching in the past?

When I was with Lars on the team, we focused more on the south Charlotte area, down towards Union County, mostly working with buyers, but never anything on the financial side. Lars has always been my coach. Now I'm at a different level and a different state that I really need him to take me to the next level where I feel like I really need him to be organized so I don't feel like I'm spending 20-30% more than I should be every single month.

What does success with this program look like to you?

Lars, the success that he's had, he's taken it to a whole new level. My vision has always been to be in the Lake Norman and Charlotte area, with 4-5 successful agents running a team that's closing 150, 175, 200 homes a year on a consistent basis. Not going through 4 or 5 agents every single year. My first realistic goal for this year is to get to 100 homes. I know that's a very tough step, then next year I do want to hit 175 homes as a team. But if we could fast forward to 2 years, 100% I would like to have my goal of 175 homes.

No comments :

Post a Comment