REAL ESTATE B-SCHOOL HIGHLIGHT: The Mindset You Need to Build a True Real Estate Business



Transcript:

Okay, so let’s get into some mindset shifts that will help you build a business that truly serves you. And this is specifically in Module 1 because, while it’s not my opinion, I spent a lot of time with Tony Robbins learning what in someone makes them achieve greatness while others live a life that’s average.

I love this quote. Every time I see it I get goose bumps. If you don’t get goose bumps when you read this, you may be living the few years that are tough.

Entrepreneurship is living a few years of your life like most people won’t so that you can spend the rest of your life like most people can’t.

And I’m living proof. No sales experience. I don’t have a 20-year career in real estate. I have a really profitable business. And I just had the sole intention to build a true business. And I did live a few years of my life like most agents won’t.

And I know everyone on this call has that same mentality. You’re willing to sacrifice what’s necessary to put real systems in place so you can live the rest of your life like most people can’t. So I know I’ve got the systems in place and a true business in place that I’ll be able to “milk” for 15-20 years.

Achieve Your Wildest Dreams

1) Business is 80% psychology and 20% strategy and tactics. This was my time in Fiji with Tony Robbins. He made it clear that business is not about what to do but why you’re doing it. So you must be driven by something much bigger than money or becoming #1 in your market. There has to be some “juice” as Tony puts it behind your big why.

There is no getting around it, building a business is super hard. And when I say building a business, I mean like a true business. A business that runs without you. There is nothing easy about it. But with the right mindset, the feeling that you can do anything, because the truth is you can do anything, you infinitely increase your odds of success.

We had an exercise in Fiji with Tony, and I can either cry or just go crazy when I say this. But we were chanting. We were in-state, standing, and probably pounding our chests or making our move, and just yelling, “I am a gladiator! Winter is my season. This is my time. Give me your fears and limitations –"

Winter Is My Season

And I’m literally getting tears when I think about it, because it was at that moment – and this was when the market was tougher. So it really was winter. We’re not in a winter season in the real estate in most markets right now. But this was at a time when there was mass exodus in real estate.

And I never had an REO account in my real estate career. I didn’t focus on short sales. Every transaction I did was plain vanilla real estate, transaction by transaction. So I was really in winter. I never had anything easy in real estate as I grew up.

2008 was my first year in real estate. So I am a gladiator. Winter is my season. This is my time. Give me your fears and limitations and I will give you results. Just awesome!

So Tony says about the 80/20. So many people know what to do, but they don’t follow through. They don’t take the action needed to get the results they’re seeking. This is because 80% of mastering anything comes down to your psychology. Thus the more you can understand about yourself, the more you can master sales, management, marketing, and business overall.

So the more you can understand about yourself, the more you can master sales, management, marketing, and business overall. This wasn’t even a quote. I had to take this out of one of my teachings from Business Mastery. But 80% psychology.

No comments :

Post a Comment