How Do We Create Change Within Ourselves?



Transcript:

I want to cover a high-performance session on influence because this was our last session that Brendon Burchard did at the High Performance Academy. As I look, I've created something cool within the real estate industry. If you looked at 1,000 teams where the leaders were out of the production side, I'd probably in the top 10% of those teams in terms of really owning a self-guided company.

As my business gets larger and larger, going from 400 sides to 1,200 sides in Charlotte, it's really changed my beliefs. I think a lot of you are getting up to 30 or 40 transactions, and you're living a pretty good life and you want to stop there. For me, I could have stopped where I was and had a business that threw off a good amount of cash, but I would have been selling myself short. The Four C's that I've talked about (commitment, courage, capability, confidence) have challenged me to step up as a leader, so I'm doing everything that I can to become a leader.

So back to the question: how do we create change within ourselves? Can we truly teach ourselves to become leaders. Many of us know best business practices and truths but far fewer actually embody them in their business. Change is a process that happens over time and is difficult. Resistance is common but remember that long last change doesn't happen overnight. The whole point of Real Estate B School is to get you through those tough times of change. Many of you have probably had some bad hires, and it can be disheartening, but what you learn from that is just to keep recruiting.

Quick fixes often backfire and waste your time, energy and resources. I've made a lot of poor decisions with offloading lead conversion, as well as team management.

The thing about change is that you will never be finished with the process. It's an absolute journey.

I'll end with a quote from Michael Gerber:
"The difference between great people and everyone else is that great people create their lives actively, and everyone else is created by their lives, passively waiting to see where life takes them next. The difference between the two is living fully and just existing."

No comments :

Post a Comment