How REBS Helped Greg Ismay Develop New Leadership Traits in His Second Career


“The single biggest thing I’ve taken away so far is the accountability for me and the accountability of team members to execute against standards.”

Greg Ismay entered real estate as a second career after much success in the corporate world. However, after having been through several coaching programs, he was not getting the traction that he was looking for. When he met Lars at a real estate event and heard his message, he thought that it was coming from a core values standpoint that he could relate to. That’s when everything changed. Not necessarily in his business, but within himself. 

“This weekend, we’re studying leadership, and that’s one thing that I realized - that I haven’t been a very good leader with the various coaching programs being really concentrated on content like listing presentations and conversions and so forth. But this has led me down a path of really focusing on how I’m showing up as a leader or how I was not showing up as a leader.”

Another important realization for him was that it wasn’t going to be a quick fix. Being dedicated to the business, digging in, and going hand-in-hand with his team was one thing, but focusing on what he was giving to the business rather than expecting it to give him something was the change that paid dividends. 

“There are tons of execution-related things that have really made a difference. The accountability aspect really that does tie into leadership - if you’re not making yourself accountable and you’re not making your people accountable, you’re not being a very good leader. I think the single biggest thing I’ve taken away so far is the accountability for me and the accountability of team members to execute against standards.”

Attending intensive workshops has given him a valuable chance to network with similar people of similar values so the benefit is less about generating transactions, money, or self-fulfillment, and more about helping other people so they can achieve their goals through the same process. 

“Lars’s coaching program has really provided a lot of foundation for me to take that past experience and use it much more effectively in using my business.”

No comments :

Post a Comment