The Power of Productivity & Persuasion



Transcript:

I want to do a quick review of the Pillars of High Performance. I think I've said it before and I'll say it again. I'm taking my team through this now, and we're actually going through the masters course of High Performance. We started out going through the main pillars here, and now were just going through them in more depth.

It really is common sense stuff. It's so easy to dismiss these things as not being a critical part of your success, but I'm finding more and more that the main set of tools to live my life at a high level comes down to these pillars.

The first one is Productivity. We have different versions of the DYD (Dominate Your Day), The Three Projects, the Top Six Money Making Things, Positive Focus, etc. In the DYD (Amped Version), you have to ask yourself multiple time of day:

What is my mission today? What am I looking forward to? What must I accomplish today to progress my life?

So that's Productivity. If you're not using the DYD (Amped Version) or the one-page Productivity Planner that Brendon suggests, I'm telling you you're missing the boat. It's too easy to dismiss that tool and say that it's not something you have time for, but it's the entire gain. It doesn't mean you can't be successful, but it makes it harder for you to be successful.

Persuasion. Am I developing influence? This is probably the area that I'm working on the most. What I realize about myself is that I generally operate from a very "What can you do for me" kind of mentality.

When I would meet with my agents it was more like "Oh man, you didn't prospect last week? I remember when I was doing it I was able to make $50 in 90 minutes and have 10 conversations - how come you can't do that in a week?"

That versus demonstrating empathy and bold enthusiasm when I seek to influence others. My interactions with others when it comes from a persuasion and influencing standpoint has really shifted for me. So we've got this big vision now - not just 600 sides. The new vision is 1200 sides, and I've already got things going to help see that become a reality and it really comes down to my ability to influence and bring out the best in people.

I'm part of a men's group where we went through some really good exercise of a tool that you can use going into any situation where you need to persuade somebody how to position that conversation before you meet with them.

No comments :

Post a Comment